Storyboarding
Nathan Honhart
12/11/20
Period 4
Mrs. Gartland
My storyboard was a fun way to plan out my movie. It was a little challenging coming up with every aspect of every scene but nothing I couldn’t do. I enjoyed the drawing aspect of the storyboard because it helped me picture what my movie was going to look like. “Storyboarding is flexible. It is comprehensive. And it allows a group to generate a lot of ideas.” (Higgins, 1995) This quote shows that storyboarding is a very successful way of thinking of new ideas and picturing them in your film. That was the most important thing I learned, that storyboarding helps you create new ideas in a fun, creative way. Another thing I learned is that you must pay very close attention to detail, and really try to get your storyboard to show what your movie will look like. According to Higgins (1995), “An important characteristic of storyboarding is its visual nature - not just the artwork you can include on the boards, but the very fact that the words are listed so that everyone can see and respond to them.” This explains how you must be able to picture your film from the writing and pictures that you include in your storyboard. I decided not to change anything from my concept refinement chart because I liked how everything was and I do not think it needed any changes.
Comments
Post a Comment