Concept Refinement

 

CATEGORY 

DETAILS 

Film OR Magazine 

Film 

Genre 

Horror  

Target Audience (Be specific) 

My target audience is 2 types of audiences. The first is horror film watchers. These are the people that watch a lot of horror films, and like the scary thrill. The second is teens. This is because the main characters in the movie are teens, and it can relate to their everyday life. 

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard) 

I want to base this story around the normal life of a teenager. It will be just a normal kid doing their thing, but with a scary twist. The teen will start Out living a normal life, when all of a sudden, a weird sound starts ringing when his parents are out of town for the weekend. He thinks little of it, but he fails to realize it is much more than he thought. There will be a killer secretly in the house and the teen needs to survive the night and escape the murderer. The teen will run wild around the house, outside and in, trying to escape this mysterious body trying to hunt him down.  

How did you conceive the idea for this concept? 

I wanted to base this idea off my own life and try to give it a feel that a vast majority of teenagers can relate to. I thought of this by thinking of stuff I, and a lot of teenagers do in their everyday life. I also added a sense of Irony, since for most teenagers, their parents leaving is a dream come true, but for this one, it's their worst nightmare. 

What do you believe is unique about your concept? 

My film will be unique because it will be based and focused on teens. Teens are usually not very targeted audience among films. It’s usually either kids' movies like ages 6-13, Or adult movies like ages 18 and up. I want to focus this movie on the in-between, to give a sense of relatability to the teenage viewers.  

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience? 

I Think when my teen audience finds out it’s a horror movie from their perspective, they will be more inclined to find out more about this movie.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Film during the day and night. Film both night scenes is one night to save time, and film day scene in one setting to save time.  

  1. Paranormal killer and good editing by Jason 

  1. Only adding one jump scare scene to make it fit into the 2-minute clip. 

  1. Film scenes from different angles and zoom with lighting to really make the jump scare pop out.  


My horror film idea is widely reassured by many different research groups that shows why my film will be a hit.  Doing a film in general instead of a magazine is my first correct choice. Film in general have been increasing in massive numbers in popularity since 1995 according to thenumbers.com. Also, choosing to do a horror film is another great aspect of my idea for my film. Horror is in the top 6 most popular genres for film according to data in 2019 from thenumbers.com. This clearly shows why a horror film will be a hit. Finally, I chose to do a horror film that is directed at a teenage audience. This was what I wanted to be unique about my film, and the numbers show that it will be a huge success. 68 percent of teens reported to watching horror movies according to Statista.com. Some people may argue that 68 percent isn’t enough. However, there are a lot of teens who watch movies and 68 percent of them is still a huge amount of people watching my film and generating a lot of revenue for my film. 

The article, “Exploring the role of meaningful experiences in users' appreciation of good movies” Also supports my idea of doing a film for my portfolio project. The author states, “Rather than by the term "enjoyment," viewers' evaluation of the eudaimonic or meaningful experiences that they make when watching films like Life Is Beautiful may be better described as “appreciation." (Oliver, 9.) This piece of evidence supports my film because not many people would describe horror films as enjoyable. They usually consist of scaring the audience which isn't very enjoyable. However, many people will still have appreciation for the film, and how it fits the role of horror extremely well. This is what the article states as a “good movie” and that is one way it supports my film idea. The author also states is the passage, “The idea that meaningful films elicit both happy and sad affect has important implications in terms of prior theorizing of seemingly paradoxical entertainment.” (Oliver, 20.) This piece of evidence supports my film because my film will have aspects of happiness, surprise and sadness in there, which is what the author of this passage talks about as being a meaningful film. I also went over my idea for my film with my AICE Media Studies class. They said suggested that I add different lighting and angles to my film to give a sense of horror. I felt that was something that I wanted to do and that I was capable of accomplishing. That is something I will do to improve my film and make it even better.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clips