Creativity & Genre
Nathan Honhart
10/30/20
Period 8
Mrs. Gartland
Creativity is very important when it comes to new ideas and projects, especially when competing against countless other companies or brands. Take a shirt company for example. There are thousands of shirt companies in America alone, and if you want to start a shirt company, yours must stand out from the others to sell shirts. To have your shirts stand out, you must have creativity, and a lot of it. Now being creative and standing out, isn't as easy as it seems, but there are many tips you can use to boost your creativity. In a Ted Talk by Duncan Wardle, he talks about how the best way to boost creativity is to go to a relaxing place like a coffee shop or on a run. He also talks about being brave with your ideas and being bold. Since creativity in one of the most important things when embarking on a new endeavor, you will want ways to be as creative as possible.
An exercise that I did was something called “New Introductions.” This is a way you can challenge your brain to be creative and find new ways to introduce yourself. Some examples of this are talking about your bucket list, favorite shoes, etc. This exercise helps you become braver with your creativity, just like the ted talk was talking about. In the article, “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life.”, Ron Beghetto how to be successful in a new idea or business, you need to come up with new and creative ideas that set you apart from your competition. This proves the fact that creativity is necessary when embarking on a new journey or project.
I am doing a horror film for my portfolio this year. One director that is famous in the horror industry is Dan Craven. He is famous for being creative in the fact that he adds many clichés and comedy into his horror film. That sounds very odd that he adds humor into horror, however, his creativity in the way he does this is what sets him apart from every other horror director, and ultimately made him successful. The way he did this perfectly in his films, made me want to incorporate some of the same elements into my film. I would do this by adding some clichés and humor into my film, and then adding a jump scare to catch my audience off guard. One thing I would do differently than him, is that I would add more suspense into my film to get my audience on their toes more and to add more build up to my jump scare, or scary part. I chose horror for my film because I feel like it would be exciting to do and I think I would do a very good job because one of my strength's is creativity, and I feel like I would incorporate that well into my film.
Comments
Post a Comment